Rehna tu, hai jaisa tu
Thoda sa dard tu, thoda sukoon
Rehna tu, hai jaisa tu
Dheema dheema jhounka ya fir junoon
Thoda sa resham tu humdum thodasa khurdura
Kabhi tu ladja ya adja ya khushuboo se bhara
Tujhe badalna na chahu raddi bhar bhi sanam
Bina sajawat milawat na zyada naahi kum
Tujhe chaahu, jaisa hai tu
Mujhe teri barish main bheegana hai ghuljanaa hai
Tujhe chaahu, jaisa hai tu
Mujhe teri lapat main jalna raak hojaana hai
Tu zhakm de agar
Marham bhi aake tu lagaaye
Zhakm se bhi mujhko pyar aaye
Dariya O dariya
Doobne de mujhe dariya
Doobne de mujhe dariya
Rehna tu, hai jaisa tu
Thoda sa dard tu, thoda sukoon
Rehna tu, hai jaisa tu
Dheema dheema jhounka ya fir junoon
-------------------------------------------------------------
This is song from the recent movie Dilli-6. What do you think this song is about? Since its a male singing this song and especialy after seeing some promos, I was quite sure that it was for Sonam Kapoor, the heroine of the movie, who is portrayed as a bubbly character, who fights all the time. And the song's "substance" itself, its telling your 'humdum' to remain exactly the way he/she is... I dont wanna change, u r not fake, so real, neither over the top nor too little, I love you just the way you are!!! Made perfect sense... YES this is sung for the heroine!
I am sure you know there is a 'BUT..." coming up. So here it is... :-)
But...
I was pleasantly surprised when I saw the movie. This song, is NOT being sung of the girl... Its for Delhi... I would like to think its for India... this NRI person is driving around in Delhi streets at night and this is the song in the background!! The song is telling the nation to be just the way it is... There is some sorrow, some joy, some softness, some roughness, sometimes mild wind some times madness... Apparently, this makes sense too.
I think everybody agrees that we are a country with great potential and we are yet to reach our fullest potential... There are many things we pioneer in but there are still so many things that we want to change, so many things we want to improve, so much that makes us angry and sad...
Yes there is lots to be done, but would you change the "India" underneath it all? I wouldnt... We are a multi cultured, very very colorful country living in harmony a(atleast 80 to 90% of the times)and I want it to be exactly that. There is a dialog in the movie which for me sums it all up "Inspite of all the issues here, India works... Its people make it work..."
-----------------------------------------------------------
Since I started with song, I am gonna end with one too - One more that I luved from this movie...
Saiyaan ched deve, nanand chatki deve
sasuraal genda phool
Saas gaali deve, devar samjha leve
Sasural genda phool...
Choda baabul ka angana bhaave dera piya ka...
hoye hoye hoye hoye hoye hoy :-)
And ofcourse the song of the bird... asking it to give 'thenga' to ppl who judge and simply Feel Freeeee!!! and fly away...
Zara pankh jhatak gayi dhool atak
Aur lachak machak ke door bhatak
Ud leher leher kasabe kooche
nukkad basti main ye ye
:-)
1 comment:
The subject of the song (and the heroine of the movie) being Delhi and not the girl did sweep me away from my feet. I had to read the paragraphs again. :)
You seem to have put a nice excuse for our "chaltha hei" attitude. That I wont agree. Of course, I savor the "Indianess" of our country. But we have a fundamental duty to keep the direction to which we are heading. 60 years of independence has changed our ways so much that probably we are not he India we started out to be 60 yrs ago. Thought and action is needed from us to steer it to the right direction.
Post a Comment